Edition: First Publication
Date: Nov 2019
Level/Track: Senior High School (Philippines) / Core
Course Name: Introduction to the Philosophy of the Human Person
Companion Resources: Materials for instructors
- Complete Answers
- Question Bank
- PPT Teaching slides
- Some Questions to Ponder to pique the reader’s curiosity about the philosophical issues that will be discussed.
- Comprehensive Notes to help students learn and understand the important concepts and theories related to philosophy.
- Definitions of Important Concepts where there are first introduced.
- Thought Experiments as entry points into the meaning of concepts or into existing debates.
- Case Studies (national and international) to help the reader apply the concepts learned.
- Exercises for Review to test the reader’s knowledge of the chapter content.
- Questions for Further Discussion to be taken up in class or in a group discussion, or serve as prompts for student essays.
- Suggested Activities to help demonstrate the significance and applicability of the concepts discussed.
- Further Reading for students and instructions who desire to know more about the subject.
- Digital and Other Media Sources that may augment the discussion.
- References to help students familiarize themselves with the most important sources.
- Noelle Leslie dela Cruz is an Associate Professor of Philosophy at De La Salle University (Manila).
- Beverly A. Sarza teaches full-time at the Philosophy Department at De La Salle University (Manila).
- Dennis Apolega teaches at the graduate school of Philippine Normal University. His research interests include pragmatism and existenialism.